Hot Tub Logo Hot Tub Pumps Hot Tub Heaters Hot Tub Chemicals Hot Tub Covers Spa Plumbing Balboa Spa Parts Hot Tub Accessories Hot Tub Home Hot Tub Special Hot Tub Products Hot Tub Articles Hot Tub Testimonials Contact Hot Tub Hot Tub Faqs Hot Tub Blog
Issue : #1244
Balboa Temp Sensor Faulty

My hot tub stopped working and the top side is just running thru the tempature rages. I believe my temp sensors are bad. Could you give me the correct part number to order? Below is all the info I can Find. Thanks

Balboa

54380-02200905080072

54380-02

VKV502

VSP-VK502-ACAG

TH 4108 30344 “ON WIRE”

RE: temp sensor

The symptom you are describing wouldn't be caused by a bad temperature sensor.  Most likely it is a bad control panel with a stuck Temperature button.

Less likely but not something you can rule out is a bad connection of the control panel or a bad circuit board (portion that interfaces with the control panel).

Only way to resolve this with 100% certainty is by parts substitution.  Control panel would be replaced 1st and if problem is still there then the circuit board is replaced.  It likely is the control panel though, so I would suggest you buy that. 50% restocking charge if it is returned.  Send a picture of Control Panel as well as the serial #s and I can see if we carry yours.  Send to my email directly [email protected]

Dieter