Hot Tub Logo Hot Tub Pumps Hot Tub Heaters Hot Tub Chemicals Hot Tub Covers Spa Plumbing Balboa Spa Parts Hot Tub Accessories Hot Tub Home Hot Tub Special Hot Tub Products Hot Tub Articles Hot Tub Testimonials Contact Hot Tub Hot Tub Faqs Hot Tub Blog
Issue : #1500
amount of propane to heat hot tub

Hello....having a look at your hot tub heaters.  I have a summer home, and am looking to build a hot tub that is wood or propane fired.  The hot tub will most likely sit 6 people.  Can you give me an approximate amount of propane that  might be used to keep the hot tub heated once the tub is brought up to temperature (ie: is it say 20 pounds of propane every hour or ?.  Best guess is ok.  This is important for me as all my propane has to be hauled by boat as this is the only way to get to my summer home.  Thanks.

P.S.  Just a note for your web site administrator.....where you show your propane heaters, at the end of the specifications, you have the warranty information......."manufacture" is spelled wrong....you might want to change this.

RE: Web site

I have attached an article that contains heat loss measurements in kW-hrs.  I also have an article that describes how to make cost comparisons to other forms of energy including kW-hrs to lbs of propane.

Dieter Jung

Northern Lights Cedar Tubs Inc.

RE: RE: Web site

Here is the other article

RE: Web site
Thanks….