Hot Tub Logo Hot Tub Pumps Hot Tub Heaters Hot Tub Chemicals Hot Tub Covers Spa Plumbing Balboa Spa Parts Hot Tub Accessories Hot Tub Home Hot Tub Special Hot Tub Products Hot Tub Articles Hot Tub Testimonials Contact Hot Tub Hot Tub Faqs Hot Tub Blog
Issue : #441
GS 501

Dear Sir,

I purchased a GS 501 heater/control from you last year. It is installed and running perfectly. My question is, can the 2 hour filter  cycle every 12 hours be reduced to 1 hour? My spa is used about 3 times per week and the cycle is too long and energy wasteful. Is there a software update to change these times?

Thank in advance for your advice,

Brian Foy.

RE: GS 501

No there is no possibility of having the filter cycle on period changed to less than 2 hours.  You would have to buy a GL2000 Spa Pack to get below 2 hrs.  That also requires a different panel, and it would take you a very long time to ever recuperate those costs in terms of energy savings.  You may not realize that when a pump is running, the hydraulic energy  is converted into heat.  This reduces the heat energy the electric heater has to supply, to balance heat loss.  so the pump running is not all lost energy.

Dieter