Hot Tub Logo Hot Tub Pumps Hot Tub Heaters Hot Tub Chemicals Hot Tub Covers Spa Plumbing Balboa Spa Parts Hot Tub Accessories Hot Tub Home Hot Tub Special Hot Tub Products Hot Tub Articles Hot Tub Testimonials Contact Hot Tub Hot Tub Faqs Hot Tub Blog
Issue : #559
spa packs

I have an older 8 man hot tub that needs a new heater and pump. what do you recommend?

Thanks

RE: spa packs

Dear Customer,

We can certainly help you out.  Typically our Balboa VS501 Spa Packs are the most popular and it is recommended for most hot tubs.

How many pumps does your Hot Tub presently have?  If you have 2 pumps, are they both 2 speed pumps, or is one a 2 speed and the other a 1 speed.

The VS501 can handle (1) 2 Speed Pump and (1) 1 Speed Pump.   The VS520 model can handle (2) 2 Speed pumps and a circulation pump.

Here is a hyperlink for a description for both. This is the VS501    http://www.cedartubsdirect.com/balboa-spa-pack-vs501-hot-tub-heater-p-371.html 

This is the VS520  http://www.cedartubsdirect.com/balboa-spa-pack-vs520-spa-heater-p-323.html 

Both models come as retrofit kits and they include a digital topside controller, new cables for your pump (s)  along with a step by step installation manual so you do not require a technician to come out and service your hot tub.

In regards to the pump (s) you require, we will need a little more info to assist you.  Please take a look at the silver label on the side of the motor.  You should obtain the horsepower rating (HP) and the Amperage rating (s) or AMP.  If it is a 2 speed model, then the AMP should read something like   8.8 / 3.2   The first number being the high speed and the 2nd being the low speed.

You can contact me directly if you wish to discuss.  My direct line is 1-800-759-8990 EXT #223

Sincerely

Peter Moroz

Office Manager - Northern Lights Group 

RE: spa packs
Thank you for the information. I have seen your complete kit ( heater and pump assembly) would this work and cost with the 1.5 hp pump 220 volts. Mark NelsonC: 403-390-3821   

RE: RE: spa packs

Dear Nelson,

It should work fine as long as you do not have 2 (2 Speed )pumps in your tub.

Current price is $985 and that includes the assembly, the filter canister and the digital controller.

Please contact me at 1-800-759-8990 EXT #223 if you wish to place an order

Sincerely

Peter Moroz