Hot Tub Logo Hot Tub Pumps Hot Tub Heaters Hot Tub Chemicals Hot Tub Covers Spa Plumbing Balboa Spa Parts Hot Tub Accessories Hot Tub Home Hot Tub Special Hot Tub Products Hot Tub Articles Hot Tub Testimonials Contact Hot Tub Hot Tub Faqs Hot Tub Blog
Issue : #564
Balboa complete system pack for 240 v

Need to know if this entire system is GFCI protected ?   Also are the wiring diagrams available to be sent to me before I purchase a unit ?  

RE: Balboa complete system pack for 240 v

I gather you are looking into buying a Balboa retrofit kit (spa pack, top side panel, cables for pumps, etc.) and not a complete skid pad consisting of spa pack, pump filter all hydraulically pre-connected and mounted on a base. 

Either way, for a 240 volt situation you, not us, are responsible for supplying the service wiring and components although we do sell Square-D weather proof GFCI boxes.  Typically a 40 Amp 2-pole service with neutral is required.  Code calls for a disconnect within sight of the hot tub, but no closer than 5ft.   Yes GFCI protection is the law that you need to provide.

A typical service wiring illustration is attached.

RE: RE: Balboa complete system pack for 240 v

I am looking to possibly:

( 1 ) purchase a complete spa pack with motors/pumps controller filter deckside controls.

OR

( 2) purchase a spa pack less motor and filter and use the ones I have now on my Teledyne Laars

In either case I am leaning towards the Balboa units but being a novice at installing any units I wanted to know as much as possible before I purchase.  Spas and spa servicemen are......well.....I'll reserve any comments for now.  I need to have something for my wife who has scoliosis and a spa helps her condition.    However being careful and deligent with my present spa seems not to help much.  It is older and was down as much as it was running,not to mention the bills.  We are not young folks so we need to watch our resources.  So please excuse any questions and concerns we may have as we want to look at all spa accessories available for our needs.