Hot Tub Logo Hot Tub Pumps Hot Tub Heaters Hot Tub Chemicals Hot Tub Covers Spa Plumbing Balboa Spa Parts Hot Tub Accessories Hot Tub Home Hot Tub Special Hot Tub Products Hot Tub Articles Hot Tub Testimonials Contact Hot Tub Hot Tub Faqs Hot Tub Blog
Issue : #977
spa pump needed?

I am looking for a pump to replace a Sta-Rite # DJAYGB-0151 it's a 2 speed  220 volt motor.

I have been told that Balboa makes a replacement.

What is the replacement number and do you have it in stock?

The cost would be ?

RE: spa pump needed?

RE: RE: spa pump needed?

The Sta Rite pump manufacturing is now done by Balboa Water Group.  The exact pump matching your model number is not available.  What is the Amp rating of the motor, to be sure we suggest the right substitute?

Dieter

Hi, Dieter Info off data plate. 230 volts Amps. 11.2/3.0 Rpm. 3450/1725 Hz 60   Glenn   From: cedartubsdirect [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:11 PM
To: Pruden, Glen
Subject: [CTT: #977] Reply to your query - cedartubsdirect   Hi Glenn Pruden, A rep replied to a support ticket with cedartubsdirect.
ISSUE #977
----------------- Content of the Ticket -----------------
Subject : spa pump needed?
Message : The Sta Rite pump manufacturing is now done by Balboa Water Group.  The exact pump matching your model number is not available.  What is the Amp rating of the motor, to be sure we suggest the right substitute? Dieter
------------------------------------------------------------------
In the meantime, you can update the ticket by replying to this mail. You can also update this ticket using the URL : Click Here Thanks for using our Service. Regards
cedartubsdirect  

What is the shipping cost to Virginia zip code 23229 in the US   From: cedartubsdirect [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:34 PM
To: Pruden, Glen
Subject: [CTT: #977] Reply to your query - cedartubsdirect   Hi Glenn Pruden, A rep replied to a support ticket with cedartubsdirect.
ISSUE #977
----------------- Content of the Ticket -----------------
Subject : spa pump needed?
------------------------------------------------------------------
In the meantime, you can update the ticket by replying to this mail. You can also update this ticket using the URL : Click Here Thanks for using our Service. Regards
cedartubsdirect  

RE: RE: spa pump needed?

From the Amperage data  I conclude a substitute pump whould be the Balboa Niagra pump series.  These pumps have the same size union connections, but the centerline location may be a little different.  If your piping to the pump is flex hose, then there will be no problem.  If it is hard pipe, it may not match.  The pump I am suggesting is the Balboa 3 HP Niagara 2-spd pump, PN 1016016.

https://www.cedartubsdirect.com/3-hp-spa-pump-ultrajet-balboa-ultimax-220240-vac-p-312.html

Shipping will be $50.

Dieter